Thread: Magnetic Levitation?

Magnetic Levitation?

I know fans are about the cheapest things you can buy on a build, but I have been reading about corsair's new ML series (ML = Magnetic Levitation). I live in the south where it gets hot, heck you look at the weather these days and it seems everyone lives in the south LOL You want to have computer problems, let it get hot. These fans claim peak performance, I could almost see the ability to reduce their numbers in a case. Who ever heard of that. It has no bearings so there should be zero noise also?

Any of you Guru's have any experience with Magnetic levitation? I mean they can run high speed trains this way, fans should be nothing right?

I was just wondering if anyone had seen them used.
    The bond that links your true family is not one of blood, but of respect and joy in each other'slife.
    Rarely do members of one family grow up under the same roof.
    ~Richard Bach

Deathwish Incarnate Knight Guerre's Avatar
    I haven't heard anything foamy, although with a quick google, it shows that they aren't exactly cheap.. almost $30 per fan. I'm almost a little tempted to look up more info on them though. I'm not sure I'm happy with my current fans in my hot/humid new england weather, too. I've always been a fan of Noctua fans though, currently using Phanteks ones in my case (same brand, so I knew they were compatible).

Looks like the ML's got pretty decent reviews on guru3d and evga's website, minus the price.
    http://www.guru3d.com/articles-pages...-review,1.html
    http://forums.evga.com/Review-of-the...-m2513437.aspx

Plus, they come in blue.. I've got a white/blue them going in my case, that would be fun, if I did. More research is needed!
    Sebastiien Shadowfury Paladin / Monk, FFXIV:ARR

Ha, I was just listening to a podcast about the Coral Castle in Florida and one of the theories as to how the guy built it was Magnetic Levitation.
    "Digressions, objections, delight in mockery, carefree mistrust are signs of health; everything unconditional belongs in pathology." -- Friedrich Nietzsche

Bearings aren't the only thing that makes noise on a fan, it's mostly the air disturbance. You can reduce the sound by increasing the size and decreasing the speed, and making sure everything is aerodynamically smooth.
    GoatRider- lvl 100 Night Elf Rogue Jewelcrafter/Engineer
    Kemps- lvl 100 Tauren Feral Druid Miner/Engineer
    Cattrina- lvl 85 Night Elf Druid (feral bear/cat) miner/alchemist
    LoweRider- lvl 35 Gnome Mage/Tailor/Enchanter/Auctioneer