Thread: Logging in

Logging in

and relogging and relogging ad nauseum.

I don't check the "keep me logged in" box on my work computer for obvious reasons. But it would be nice if I didn't have to re-log in every 5 minutes and every time I click a link that takes me off the site.

Nediam tells the group, "I think we can take it!"
    LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...

Re: Logging in

I am. On my work laptop, I manually type in www.sok.org rather than just add it to my favorites, then I log in from the main page.

Nediam tells the group, "I think we can take it!"
    LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...

Re: Logging in

Quote Originally Posted by Nediam
    and relogging and relogging ad nauseum.

I don't check the "keep me logged in" box on my work computer for obvious reasons. But it would be nice if I didn't have to re-log in every 5 minutes and every time I click a link that takes me off the site.
    Sessions expire after about 5 minutes of inactivity. But if your having issues with a session disappearing after clicking an off site link and returning within 5min your browser is probably not saving the session cookie. If all the internal links you click on the site have 'sid=(hex number here)' in them your browser isn't saving the session cookie.

I can't really increase the session duration much longer than 5min safely, but I'll see if I can't increase it some with no ill effect.
    Minin Wolfrunner

This space is available