Thread: 7-year-old church skipping driver featured on 'Today'

Officer Emeritus
    Friend

7-year-old church skipping driver featured on 'Today'

Would you give up games for four days to get a plane ride to NY and a TV spot and loads of attention?
    Problems of todays youth can be traced back to the Parents
    http://www.standard.net/live/news/179719/
    I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.

Re: 7-year-old church skipping driver featured on 'Today'

yeah, i agree. i see this as promoting bad behaivor. i have 5 kids, and they need constant supervison, cause i know that when i dont hear my kids they are doing something real bad. you dont have to stand over them and watch every move they make all day long, but you need to know where they are and what they are doing. someone responded with " kids do silly stuff", stealing your parents car and going joy riding isnt "silly stuff", it shows a disreguard for the saftey of yourself and others that a 7 year old should be exhibiting if he had proper parenting. how the parents didnt know where he was while he was driving for several miles is beyond me. i think there should be some ramifications for the parents.

Re: 7-year-old church skipping driver featured on 'Today'

You know, I know about 3 kids that did this as children 20 or 30 years ago (possibly even myself) ... but they just got their behinds reddened so bad they couldn't sit down for a week and then no Television coverage.

I don't think the act is new, the coverage is.

-edit-
    Wait a second, I was older then 7 years old... but still.... whatever.