Thread: Gaming keyboard

Gaming keyboard

I have been interested in finally replacing my 12 year old microsoft keyboard with a newer one. Figured I might look into the realm of true gaming keyboards. Wow. What a few choices there are. But no reviews. Anyone here using anything they particularly found nice or abhorrent?

Re: Gaming keyboard

I actually have one that I don't use (with gaming mouse). You're welcome to look at it when you come over.

I am useing one of the new style G15's from Logitech. The old style G15's are extremely nice if you can find one. I have heard from folks they love their Steelseries although they are just a solid keyboard and I don't think designed origionally for gamers.

Those are two good ones.

I am currently looking at the Corsair K90. I am sure before long I will have to buy one just to try it. They have run out of them on Newegg twice already and I understand there is a new shipment in now. It features all the macro keys of the Logitech G19 (which BTW has come down in price by 30.00+), it has a brushed alumium body/case, and quiet touch senitive keys. I am guessing this is why after three years the price on the G19 is dropping.

G19
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a ... 20keyboard

K90
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a ... 02&Tpk=K90

G15 (I see now is in a new model G510)
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a ... 6823126100

Pick your poison, check your wallet, At present I am really wanting to try the K90 and not because of all the macro keys. It looks solid, quiet, durable. Keep an eye on the G19, if it drops in price again it will be a good deal.

If you are in the computer industry, and need a tuff all round keyboard, I heard that the Steelseries are nice.
    The bond that links your true family is not one of blood, but of respect and joy in each other'slife.
    Rarely do members of one family grow up under the same roof.
    ~Richard Bach

I have a Razer Black Widow Ultimate and I love it. the keys are not quiet because they have the steel springs in them, but I <3 them. Very responsive and easy to use.
    "Digressions, objections, delight in mockery, carefree mistrust are signs of health; everything unconditional belongs in pathology." -- Friedrich Nietzsche

Yeah, I have the Black Widow Ultimate as well, it's expensive and noisy as all get out...but I LOVE this thing.

I'm seriously contemplating buying a second one so I can use it at work.

The Tearoom at the corner of Infinity and Never

I've been eyeing the K90 as well - I've just gotten the Corsair Vengeance M90 gaming mouse, so we'll see how their hardware holds up. The macro buttons on the left are what are tending me towards the Corsair, over Steelseries or Logitech.

I still love my G15 the old one with the orange lcd screen and the g keys down the left side. Its been great very nice if you use Vent because you can see whos talking and recently I set up a profile with keybindings for Rift works great.
    Steffron 15 Night Elf Druid

Steffrun 110 Gnome Magi
    Tailor(imbued Silkweave Rank 2)
    Enchanter(some rank 3 enchants)

Can also do Obliterum if anyone needs help and hasn't done the quest for the forge yet. You provide the armor to break down and I will make the Obliterum for you and if there is any overage make a note for next combine for you or pay you for the excess.(since the dust is soulbound)

*Hobbies are like socks dont be afraid to change them often as needed.*

Personally id rather change my socks daily and not my hobbies its a smell vs cost thing.

Blog Entries

I would personally advocate a gaming mouse (like a Razer Naga) over a gaming keyboard, as extra buttons on mice are a lot more convenient to hit than any extra keys on a keyboard. Hitting the G-keys on my G15 usually means my fingers have to leave their usual WASD position, which then means I have to glance down to re-position them anyway as if I used some other awkward keybinding instead.

Also, if I had discovered AutoHotkey back in the day, I never would have got my G15 in the first place.
    Janus
    Lannister (Retired)

Nirrudn Ak`Lmar (Retired)
    Loyal Knight of the Sterling Order

Alone, we are mighty. Together, we are legends.