Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Defiance

I must open that box. Leader Bajah's Avatar

Defiance

Has anyone else been watching this show? It just wrapped up Season 1 on Monday and is quickly becoming one of my favorite shows. It reminds me kind of Firefly if it were based planetside and had aliens. The pilot episode was kind of iffy for me so I wasn't sure if I'd like it due to CGI bad guys, but they're really only in that episode (so far I guess).

Re: Defiance

I gotta sit down with it. I admit being intrigued with how it ties into the video game component, but since I haven't heard anyone talking about the video game anymore, I kinda assumed that bombed as a partnership? Would love to hear otherwise.

I also read that it was a slow start but then won a lot of fans, but also had a terrible finale... so here's hoping to consistancy!

Show has lots of ups and downs and characters I just don't like. It's entertaining but find it hard to really root or care about most these people. It has potential, lot of shows have iffy first seasons.

Not sure how well game did, they did have some layoffs from the studio a bit after launch I believe. Though they have said that the game tanking will not affect the show in any way.
    LordFluffyBottom - (Wildstar)

Here we go, I am going to give it the kiss of death, its one of the few shows I even watch any more. It reminds me alot of Star Trek, why? Because it is full of different races with unlimited ability to add even more.

If I say I enjoy it, it will go the same way as the Doctor or Merlin or Eureka, et etc etc....

But seriously, what else is even on to watch?

So has anyone tryed the PC game?
    The bond that links your true family is not one of blood, but of respect and joy in each other'slife.
    Rarely do members of one family grow up under the same roof.
    ~Richard Bach

Blog Entries

Well look what's $13.49 on the Steam Summer Sale

http://store.steampowered.com/app/224600/

Blog Entries

We watch it here n there, still have to get caught up.

I've played the game which is kinda nice for shooter change o pace: pop in kill some chit and get some lewts and pop out whenever you wanna! It has the random Rift-style rifts (for those familiar with that one!) that open up around the map as well. I've been meaning to patch n start playing here n there again, it's fun for a quick action fix.
    Zeshae Spiritwinds / Klymestar Del'Mithros
    WildStar: Zeshae
    GW2: Iphezri Zyr
    SWTOR: Iphez'ri, Zeshae, Ze'shae, Skirr, Zyr
    Steam: Zesh

Quote Originally Posted by PanzerKraken
    Show has lots of ups and downs and characters I just don't like. It's entertaining but find it hard to really root or care about most these people. It has potential, lot of shows have iffy first seasons.
    Sums up my feelings as well. Missed a few episodes, wasn't overly concerned that I had, but will check them out if I can find them on my Video on Demand menu or when they run a marathon in a few weeks.

Just downloaded Steam (yes, I know, a bit behind the times) so I'll look for the game when the site comes back up (thanks, Eggy!),

I just bought the game on Steam, downloading it now. I'll be ready after raid tonight I believe!

We have watched all the episodes so far, its ok, not what I was expecting, its kinda of erh in some parts and then it throws in the odd surprise. Was going to download the game but up until today was like $29.99 or more.
    Atia - 85 Paladin of Elune.
    Atie - 85 Mage of Elune.
    Emonee - 85 Warlock of Elune.
    Gemonee - 85 Shaman of Elune.
    Anomee - 85 Priest of Elune.
    Atio - 85 Druid of Elune.
    Kriza - 85 Hunter of Elune.

The happiest people don't necessarily have the best of everything; they just make the best of everything they have.

For the most part, I like the show. I feel at times it's trying to be A Game of Thrones, but with a PG-13 rating and a sci-fi background, and the later episodes intensified that feeling. And maybe I've seen way too many different alien races portrayed on tv at this point, but there doesn't really seem to be anything new about the aliens. At least the handful of races that they focus on. The science-fiction largely seems to be a backdrop for a show about political intrigue, sex, and people getting shot.
    "Passion is inversely proportional to the amount of real information available." -Benford's Law of Controversy
    “It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.” - Mark Twain

4 episodes into season 2 -- this is probably the best show that you're likely not watching.

Very good in places. A bit hit or miss some weeks. I like it, I like the characters, I like the setting. Worth watching - if not ground-breaking it is entertaining and better than a lot of sci-fi.
    Jagdar L60 NE Warrior (WOW)
    Jagdah L60 NE Hunter (WOW)
    Jagdar Singh L51 Celt Champion (retired)
    Jagdar Singh L54 Dark Elf Shadowknight(retired)
    "Why Zig and Zag, when you can Jag!"(tm)

As the show progresses, I think it's really starting to find it's groove. I wasn't a big fan of how the S1 finale played out, and the nearly 1 year break didn't really help the show's momentum, but so far I'm liking this season.

I have not missed one yet! Syfy has picked up some more nice shows also, well I think so anyway.

I like Dominion and Spartacus so far also. That's three hours on Thursday nights here.

Tonight we'll get to see the introduction of the Amazing Johnsons

BTW have you checked out the BBC's "Three Musketeers"?
    Last edited by Foamheart; July 11th, 2014 at 08:49 PM.
    The bond that links your true family is not one of blood, but of respect and joy in each other'slife.
    Rarely do members of one family grow up under the same roof.
    ~Richard Bach

Hey hold on, man, you're getting off-topic!

But yeah, the Musketeers is really good. I haven't watched Dominion, but Spartacus is a re-airing of the 1st season from Starz I believe. Only censored, I'd imagine.