Thread: Introductions (and intent to apply)

Introductions (and intent to apply)

Hello all,

At at the behest of Bajah and the constant stream of text messages from Qronos, I'm (finally) officially posting my intent to app on the forums.

So, my name is Micah and I've been playing with SOK10 in wow for a couple of months going on their flex and 10man runs with my mage (Armelin). I've played wow since the beginning, but this is the first time that I've been able to raid in the game and it's been fun hanging out on Tuesdays and Thursdays. I have a couple of real life friends in the guild already and my wife posted her intent to app a few weeks ago (coralrs).

At bit about me:
    In the gaming scene I'm a big fan of strategy games, from Civ style games (My favorite being Alpha Centauri) to the much more complicated German style wargames (I've recently picked up Advanced Tactics: Gold if anyone has heard of that one). Sometimes I can even trick my wife into playing some strategy games with me, as long as they are turn based and we play cooperatively . RPGs are another big thing, WOW obviously, but many others, like the final fantasy series and the elder scrolls series, in addition to a smattering of other titles, like The Witcher, thrown in for good measure. I've also been known to play things like dwarf fortress as well. I suppose my gaming tastes are pretty varied.

Professionally, I'm a phd candidate in computational science at San Diego State University who shares an office with Qronos. So not only do I hang out with him all day, I have to raid with him in the evenings too . If anyone is more specifically interested in what I do, I'm sure I can go into gruesome detail. Basically, I do physics on really big computers.

Thanks and I'm sure I will see many of you around the forums and in game,
    Micah

welcome to the process!
    "Digressions, objections, delight in mockery, carefree mistrust are signs of health; everything unconditional belongs in pathology." -- Friedrich Nietzsche

micah!

Blog Entries
    Greets!
    Zeshae Spiritwinds / Klymestar Del'Mithros
    WildStar: Zeshae
    GW2: Iphezri Zyr
    SWTOR: Iphez'ri, Zeshae, Ze'shae, Skirr, Zyr
    Steam: Zesh

Awwwww….. so you are the one, the one they always put that silly question on the tests for

"A train leaves Salt Lake City at 7:15 AM MT traveling at 63.5 KPH, and a plane leaves Albuquerque at 4PM ET traveling at Mach 5.7 when they reach Jackson Hole what will be the total alcohol consumed."

I always answer “42”

Welcome and nice to meet you.
    Last edited by Foamheart; December 4th, 2013 at 08:51 PM.
    The bond that links your true family is not one of blood, but of respect and joy in each other'slife.
    Rarely do members of one family grow up under the same roof.
    ~Richard Bach

Jubal's Lackey Officer Aulwewen's Avatar
    Welcome to The Process. Glad ta' have ya!
    "He who experiences the unity of life sees his own Self in all beings, and all beings in his own Self, and looks on everything with an impartial eye." - Buddha

Guildmaster Officer
    Administrator
    Welcome!
    "This is Freedom Hall, my dear. Everyone here does as he pleases... then if he does something I don't like, I kick him the hell out!" - Jubal Harshaw, Stranger in a Strange Land

I don't know what killed me. Knight qronos's Avatar
    Sweetness bro! Welcome to the Process!

I must open that box. Leader Bajah's Avatar
    Victory!

Blog Entries
    Hello Micah!
    Ynys, Tamriel Explorer ESO,Khajit Night Stalker, VR16
    Ynys, Landmark, proprietor, Rebellion server, Marsh world
    Currently playing: Elder Scrolls Online, Witcher 3 (PS4)
    Eagerly awaiting: EQ Next, SW Battlefront (PS4)