Thread: Harry Dresden Fanfic - Takes Place Just Before Cold Days

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Post Harry Dresden Fanfic - Takes Place Just Before Cold Days

I was going to kill my brother...
    I've been swimming for a solid 5 minutes with only murder in mind. He's a dead man.
    I'm not fond of swimming. I can do it but I usually draw upon my darker nature to get it over with...and there's nothing to feed on out here. Scratch that...no one to feed on.
    I'm on a stupid island in the middle of effing lake Michigan...trying to swim back to shore.
    I got here...because of a bad pun. It was a really stupid joke. It was honestly the corniest thing I had heard in 5 years and I listen to a lot of them coming out of my brother's mouth.
    There we were: building a pretty sweet dock so we don't have to keep swimming/wading to shore and not drawing upon my darker nature to finish any of it (see above: nothing out here.) We finished the dock and I was looking forward to that small cache of libations we had brought with us when he blurts out, "there! I give you...The What's Up Dock!"

It was just too much, I tell you. He killed my libation expectation buzz.........and dang it all....my exhaustion made that retarded joke funny!
    I called upon my darker nature. My demon. My hunger grabbed him by his scrawny frame and chucked him in the lake 20 yards into the clear blue water.
    THAT just happened.
    I made sure that the bean pole was making his way back ok and got my suds...laughing my head off all the way.
    No I shouldn't have drawn upon my vampiric strength with no hope to feed anytime soon but
    Empty
    Night
    that felt good.
    "Thomas! You shmuck!" came the dulcet tones of my brother near the shore. I quelled my giggles and made my back to the dock.

Said dock is within sight now...dang he threw me far. He used magic, and "force-push" 'ed me 40 feet out into the water (and he started from the dock).. A burst of force with the shout of "Fozare!" one of those fake Latin phrases he employs to "encase" the spell formed in his mind with audio.
    I had seen him kill with that....all I felt was a wall. Every point in my body was pushed at the same time. All I did was flatten against it.
    No whiplash. No flopping limbs. *slap* Here's a wall. *Oomph" lungs loosing air and then the sensation vanished....followed by the sensation of falling and icy water.
    I've had to admire the skinny scarecrow's spellcraft...but I've strayed my thoughts away from killing him for a full 5 minutes now and we can't have that. Time for some revenge.
    I did start tussle this but so what...it's time to finish this...
    A snarl escaped my throat as I was almost to the docks and then I hear something to foment my anger...my brother chuckling.
    He came out from around my boat carrying 2 steaming mugs of coffee and a towel.
    coffee.
    hot.
    he held out his hand to help me out of the water and only one thing kept this from escalating....if I struck...I would probably toss the coffee too.
    The smell of the drink evaporated my feelings of immediate revenge and I took his hand and let him haul me up.
    He said nothing (which was good). He held out the Joe (which was better). He gave me a towel and we wordlessly got out of the wind and into the hold of my ship. The dock was done. The pun was...probably going to stay...and hang it all...it had been a great couple of tosses
    Last edited by Alzuun; January 12th, 2019 at 08:28 PM. Reason: he threw me far instead of "it was a good toss"
    ---
    Join the SOK World Community Grid :
    http://www.worldcommunitygrid.org/te...mId=09B8364XP1