Thread: Maleficent

Maleficent

I don't know if I am in the minority but here is my review: Don't read if you haven't seen it and plan to. I was really looking forward to this - having seen tons of trailers. I just didn't expect it to be SO different from the original.

Ok...we just got home from seeing "The Angelina Jolie Vanity Movie" oops I mean "Maleficent". I am not happy. She was an executive producer, starred in it, and her kid was in it. Don't get me wrong - it was beautiful - makeup, costumes, everything about it was really well done. The fact that they just ignored the original story of "Sleeping Beauty" and said, "No I think it should have been written this way, the original way was told wrong" I had an issue with. They did say at the end it was "Inspired by Sleeping Beauty" I'm sorry, call it whatever you want, it was a live action rewritten movie about Sleeping Beauty, told from poor Maleficent's POV, because she was wrongly portrayed as the bad guy the first time. It was for AJ to star in and look beautiful and be on the screen 80% of the time................

SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS.........

I didn't like that AJ / Maleficent was the one that said Aurora could be woken with true love's kiss instead of the 3rd Fairy. I didn't like that AJ / Maleficent had to take care of / feed the baby cause the Fairies were too dumb to do it and she would have starved otherwise. I didn't like the fact that AJ / Maleficent wasn't just evil and scary. Everything was done to make her GOOD not BAD. It's like the whole first movie got it wrong! She didn't even turn herself into a freaking dragon, she turned someone else into one - and it wasn't even till the end and not for very long! Don't even get me started about "Iron being bad for Fairies" It was just regular fire forged Iron people - not even Cold Iron! And Prince Phillip couldn't wake her up with True Love's kiss? Maleficent did though? Maybe because she wasn't asleep for a year and didn't get to know Prince Phillip before the curse took, duh! And the whole thing with Maleficent's wings magically flying to her and reattaching themselves....ugh.

I feel like I need to go pull out the original DVD of Sleeping Beauty and watch it now to set my brain right. Maybe it was because this was my favorite Disney Movie as a kid that I feel so wronged, but I just really am disappointed.
    Currently Playing:
    Yahtzee with Buddies
    on Facebook!

Interesting take on the movie Krys. I haven't seen it so I am not worried about the spoilers you might have posted but I am interested in your comments.

I will have to see it for myself before I make my own