Thread: Forum Cleanup - Account Mergers

Beloved Officer
    Administrator
    In your dreams, loving you for a very short time.
    Blog Entries

Forum Cleanup - Account Mergers

Over the month of June, I will be working on some forum cleanup. This is mostly stuff on the backend, but it has a slight effect on you folks that have had multiple accounts over the years, especially role-playing accounts in the Rusty Dagger.

Through the 3 upgrades to the forums, some accounts have been deleted/removed/lost. Many posts (approximately 1400) were disassociated, and associated with a generic user of "Unknown". Based the content of the post, for some, I am able to figure out who posted it in general, but not what account it was posted from. So, I have to associate it with the account I know for the person that exists. As an example, I have learned that Coggwin = Seran. The Coggwin account doesn't exist, but, I can see from this post http://www.sok.org/showthread.php?12...ll=1#post13577 that it was posted as Coggwin. In this case, I have to associate with the account of Seran.

So, how does this effect you? Because of how sporadic the data there is (I have cleaned up 200 posts thus far), I am merging old RP accounts into your primary account. There is a slight data lost, specific to the Rusty dagger, as many posts, the name isn't used in the post, or, a person had multiple accounts posting in one story, so the flow looked like different characters, but, in the cleanup, I would be left with a post by UNKNOWN or a post actually associated with an account. This cleanup will also help as we continue to move forward with upgrades to the forums. This also became confusing when people used their RP accounts to post in the normal forums, but also used their other accounts as well. An example here was that Fieldmouse used to use the account Taq to post on all forums, then created the Fieldmouse account and used that to post on all forums. With no ability to really link accounts, it becomes an issue all around.

One major issue I had with the most recent upgrade was that many of those RP accounts had the same email as other accounts, or no email at all, and it broke the conversion process.

Sadly, if we could have somehow kept it all clean in the previous conversion(s), I would have loved to retain those old accounts/posts in their entirety, but, at this post there was so much degradation in that forum specifically, that it warranted the merge of accounts.

Please feel free to give any feedback. I won't start the majority of the mergers until the end of the month, and will be working on cleaning up posts until then.

Accounts to be Merged:
    (List will be updated as I find more)
    Phaera Swiftblade -> Phaera
    Zenren -> Zen
    Zenny -> Zen
    Luvilae -> Shehaub
    Neoskogis -> Xenith
    Taq -> Fieldmouse
    Xyna -> Cynarra
    Cynarra z'Imp -> Cynarra
    Dehm -> Erol
    Laezra -> Laezra Belladonna
    Destiney -> Misbey
    Destiney Dlyte -> Misbey
    Lupyn -> Knowlan
    Tami Fyreheart -> Tami
    Coledun Stormwolf -> Cole
    Thanor -> Yorinaga Kurita
    Chaffea -> Khissi
    Elani -> Laria
    kurii -> Kurii Karraghey
    Kenia Fedaykin -> Yossarian Runningwolf
    Lerkro -> Lerkro Stormwolf
    Jeza Darkbriar -> Kyhera
    Syrel Feyn -> Syrel
    Last edited by Kodoir; June 3rd, 2014 at 01:26 PM.
    Xia: As much as I hate you, I would never do a Brutus to your Caesar
    Nirrudn: Also I think it's Eeyore, but don't quote me

Blog Entries
    Can't forget, Lublee = Androdameia. (may have misspelled it, was her troll from when EQ created team PvP server).
    Ynys, Tamriel Explorer ESO,Khajit Night Stalker, VR16
    Ynys, Landmark, proprietor, Rebellion server, Marsh world
    Currently playing: Elder Scrolls Online, Witcher 3 (PS4)
    Eagerly awaiting: EQ Next, SW Battlefront (PS4)

Beloved Officer
    Administrator
    In your dreams, loving you for a very short time.
    Blog Entries
    Doesn't seem there is a Lublee account anymore, must have been one that was lost in a conversion.
    Xia: As much as I hate you, I would never do a Brutus to your Caesar
    Nirrudn: Also I think it's Eeyore, but don't quote me

After reading a bit here, I think this is the right place... but, I've been away for a good while and it's taken me some time to be able to even log in here. However, I can't seem to access my actual account, named Khissi, because this one, Isinofre, was the first one I had... apparently. Help? I really would like to be able to be known as Khissi, 'cause that's who I've been for the past 10 years and all my posting and such is on that account, but, I can't seem to figure out how to do that. Sorry for the long absence, since you've probably explained this umpteen bazillion times before, and I should have been here to see it, but I wasn't, and that's my fault. I would appreciate any help you can give.
    Deb
    Deb, Khistlyn, Khis, Khissi, Gammy, and Xhaos