Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I want to join!

I want to join!

Hi! I’m Ashley. I’ve met a lot of SoK (just kidding, I know it’s SOK!) members over the past few years, and I’d like to become an official member of the cool people’s club. I am hereby declaring my interest in joining the Sterling Order of Knights.

I’ve been friends with Misty and Alex since 2010. Since that time, I’ve had the pleasure of attending three camping trips and making dozens of great friends through the guild. I’ve even been so lucky as to hang out with some of those people outside of the camping trip. Some of the highlights include:

- Meeting up with Jubal and Nirrudn in Key West. Fun in the sun! Plus, I had the opportunity to befriend Toure a couple of months before his first SOK camping trip.
    - Touring the Blizzard campus with Heggun and Dex in CA. Holy crap. This was amazeballs. I wish I could live there – then I’d always beat Heggun during our FitBit daily step challenges!
    - Completing Warrior Dash with Xia, Pharxide, Vrodd, Ben, and Misty in New Jersey during our stay with Chanda, Thad’s wife. Here’s a pic after the finish: https://scontent-ord.xx.fbcdn.net/hp...4c&oe=5599F574. I had a chance to experience first hand Xia’s ability to lead a team across the finish line!
    - Gatherings hosted by Andy and Gus filled with great company, food, and games. This is where I discovered my obsession with the zombie game ‘Last Night on Earth’, thanks to Joe.

These are just a few of the great times I’ve had with SOK members. I’ve always felt welcomed and included at SOK events. I was truly able to experience the kind of family that SOK can be while planning Misty’s 30th birthday, as SOK friends flew from all over the country to surprise her.

As far as gaming goes – I love playing Hearthstone! After a few months of playing, I decided my game name should be Ashbringer because Tirion Fordring is a bad ass. I’ve played a bit of D&D with my characters, Seoni and Irabeth. I like Irabeth the most because she’s loud, strong, blunt, and always hungry – causing her to accidentally eating the dragon’s eggs that she and her team were supposed to deliver elsewhere. I’m also a huge fan of Settlers of Catan and Last Night on Earth.

I hope that’s enough about me for those I haven’t yet met! I’ve always valued my time spent with my SOK friends and I’d like to officially be a part of the family. Feel free to comment or message me if you have any questions or just want to chat! Thank you for your consideration.

The Process, you shall enter it.

Yay! Love the profile pic, Ashbringer

A dimly lit cubicle somewhere in Stormwind.
    About time Ashley!

The Raid Leader - When you stand in the flames, he dies a little bit inside.

Woohoo!

I approve of this post!
    "Digressions, objections, delight in mockery, carefree mistrust are signs of health; everything unconditional belongs in pathology." -- Friedrich Nietzsche

Woot! About time!
    Rinna - 80 Human Mage (Frost)(Ret.)
    Trillium - 100 Draenei Priest (Holy/Disc)
    Rinnele - 9x Druid Boomkin
    Various alts that I keep deleting

Nice to meet you...... Beware of "The Whim"!
    The bond that links your true family is not one of blood, but of respect and joy in each other'slife.
    Rarely do members of one family grow up under the same roof.
    ~Richard Bach

Guildmaster Officer
    Administrator
    I've never heard of this Ashley person.
    "This is Freedom Hall, my dear. Everyone here does as he pleases... then if he does something I don't like, I kick him the hell out!" - Jubal Harshaw, Stranger in a Strange Land

I must open that box. Leader Bajah's Avatar
    I've always wondered "Who is this lady hanging out with all my friends?" Now I know!

I kid, I kid. Welcome to the process!

Thanks guys!

Blog Entries

Where did you get a hammer I want a hammer

Welcome to the Process.

Jubal's Lackey Officer Aulwewen's Avatar
    We approve!
    "He who experiences the unity of life sees his own Self in all beings, and all beings in his own Self, and looks on everything with an impartial eye." - Buddha

Yay!
    Thadicus -- Human Paladin of Elune