Thread: Remember the "Shannara Chronicles"?

Remember the "Shannara Chronicles"?

One of the first fantasy book sets that hooked me on fantasy! I know, its MTV, hey I understand its NOT a Uwe Boll production........ The books to me, rate up there with RA Salvatore! I know it was probably more about a time and place. If you have a chance check it out, I am planning on it.

http://www.tvguide.com/news/the-shan...fore-premiere/

Let me know whatcha think!
    The bond that links your true family is not one of blood, but of respect and joy in each other'slife.
    Rarely do members of one family grow up under the same roof.
    ~Richard Bach

I watched the first episode. They spent a lot of money on beautiful CGI. They also MTVed it up. Allanon the Gandalf-clone is hot and young instead of gaunt and scary, everyone is super hot. But whatever, if that's the sacrifice to get some MTV-ish viewers, and it works, then it's a smart sacrifice imo. The source material is very on-the-nose and simple comparatively, but so is RA Salvatore (good comparison, and I still read all those damn dark elf books every year too). So, it's very pretty, and it's nostalgic for some, and the story is straightforward. We'll see if its cost gets it enough ratings to keep it going, I'll probably watch more eventually.

Jubal's Lackey Officer Aulwewen's Avatar
    I'm enjoying it so far
    "He who experiences the unity of life sees his own Self in all beings, and all beings in his own Self, and looks on everything with an impartial eye." - Buddha

I just watched the season finale. I doubt they will get renewed, why? Because I like it better than reality TV and silly game shows.

As toward the age, I might have seen them that way had I read the books much earlier in life (and I did just not that much). I like the MTV on-demand to review, I miss so much these days, and I appreciate the ability to watch the same show a couple of times. I then catch some of the subtle hints and references.

But as for the "sets" they must have spent a pretty penny even for the CGI.

I hope they don't cancel it.
    The bond that links your true family is not one of blood, but of respect and joy in each other'slife.
    ~Richard Bach

Glad to here it is decent, I will have to try and watch them sometime.

Renewed for a second season : )

Foamy watching MTV? WTH!
    Thadicus -- Human Paladin of Elune

Quote Originally Posted by Thadicus View Post
    Foamy watching MTV? WTH!
    Oh yeah... I'm just a wild and crazy guy!

I will admit, was my first time at the MTV channel. BUT Terry Brooks started the books back in the 70's,
    Last edited by Foamheart; May 7th, 2016 at 08:47 PM.
    ~Richard Bach